1 tablespoon Butter
1 clove Garlic, finely minced
½ cup Heavy Cream
½ cup Whole Milk or more to thin
⅓ cup Parmesan, freshly grated
½ cup Mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 large Organic, Pastured Egg Yolk, beaten
⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg, freshly ground
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoon Cayenne (optional)
1. Melt butter in a saucepan and add garlic.
2. Cook just until the garlic begins to brown
3. Add heavy cream and milk to the saucepan over medium heat
4. Bring to a simmer.
5. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan, mushrooms and egg yolk
6. Whisk constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling
7. Add nutmeg, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cayenne (optional)
8. Stir well to combine.
9. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed
For variety, add broccoli florets, (crisp-cooked, sugar-free) bacon, (fresh cut) basil, (organic) chicken or shrimp