Gazpacho-Quick & Easy
*24 ounces Tomatoes, pureed
¼ cup Water, filtered
1 Organic Cucumber, peeled, seeded (if you like) and diced
1 stalk Celery, chopped
1 Carrot, diced
½ Red, Green or Poblano Pepper, diced
1 clove Garlic, peeled and chopped (or a dash of Garlic Powder)
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 teaspoon Paprika, freshly ground
½ teaspoon Dill Weed or Basil, dried
1 tablespoon **Coconut Vinegar, Balsamic Vinegar or Lemon/Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
2 tablespoons Cold Pressed Olive Oil
Avocado (as a garnish)
Organic Pastured Eggs, hard cooked (as a garnish)
Fresh Herbs of your choice (as a garnish)
1. Put all the ingredients in a food processor starting with the tomato puree
2. Pulse until smooth and a little chunky
3. Adjust seasonings to tast
4. Chill and serve
5. Garnish with avocado chunks, sliced hard-cooked eggs and fresh herbs from your garden
Option: This recipe is very forgiving. Add fennel or zucchini and summer squash (cooked and chilled) to the mix (Paul can’t eat raw onion but add a little if you like it).
* 1 jar of Bionaturae Organic Strained Tomatoes (available at New Seasons) works very well.
** Tropical Traditions Coconut Vinegar is a good choice to use.