Custard Style Ice Cream
3 cups Heavy Cream (or Half and Half)
2 Organic Pastured Egg Yolks
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Stevia to taste
Pinch of Sea Salt
1. In a medium sauce pan heat 1 cup of cream (or half and half) on a low heat setting until it just starts to bubble
2. Add Stevia and salt and stir until dissolved
3. Remove cream from heat
4. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks.
5. Using a ladle, pour one tablespoon of hot cream into the egg yolks while stirring with a fork.
6. Continue this step three more times until the egg mixture is up to temperature
7. Pour egg mixture into the warm cream and stir together
8. Return to a low heat setting on the stove and stir for 12 minutes until the cream mixture reaches a temperature of 160 degrees
Cream will begin to thicken during this process
9. Transfer the sauce pan to an ice water bath.
10. Continue to stir until cool
11. Pour in the remaining cream and stir together
12. Add vanilla extract and stir
13. Transfer custard to a container and refrigerate until you are ready to use
14. Insert the blade and lock down the lid of your ice cream maker and turn it on
15. Place a strainer on top of the ice cream maker pour spout and strain the custard while pouring it into the machine
16. After about 20 to 25 minutes in the ice cream maker the custard will turn into creamy ice cream
17. Serve with your favorite fruit or eat plain